- This article is about the the characters controlled in-game. For the game itself, see The Blockheads.
Blockheads are the main characters in the game. They have different looks and can have either a randomly assigned or player provided name.
- See also: Getting Started
All blockheads arrive by being "warped in" using a portal. The first blockhead in a new world is free. Up to four more may be added, requiring the expenditure of time crystals and five game-selected fruit.
Each successive blockhead will cost a different amount of time crystals, starting at 50 for a second, 100 for a third, and 200 for a fourth or fifth blockhead.
A new blockhead is selected from a special menu box. Options include:
- Gender (male/female, does not change with "RANDOM")
- Appearance (randomly generated, but a player may continue tapping the "RANDOM" button until they see a Blockhead they prefer)
- Name (randomly generated with Appearance, but can be edited before warping a Blockhead in)
New blockheads arrive with a small selection of items in their inventory. Each additional Blockhead is warped in with different tiered items (for example, the second Blockhead might start with a bronze machete, 5 fruit and a basket)
A blockhead's name may be up to 15 characters long. It may include non-alphabetic characters, such as symbols and numbers, although they are limited to the characters accessible using the English keyboard. Most accented characters will not be displayed if in a Blockhead's name, however.
There are 70 appearances for males and 360 for females. There are five skin tones, ranging from light to dark. There are two different eyes, large and small, as well as several hair styles.
 Default names